Monday, February 8, 2010

Real Simple: Sweet and Spicy Asian Pork Shoulder


I made this for Superbowl Sunday this year, and it was a big hit at our house.


For us, it's definitely a weekend recipe, as even though it takes just a few minutes to get it ready for the crock pot (10 minutes), it takes forever to finish cooking. But I guess if we didn't have curious and hungry dogs (a bad combination) to worry about, we could start it in the morning and come home to an almost finished dinner on a weekday.


One recommendation I would make is to add a thinly sliced onion to the crock pot when you start cooking. The onions soaked up all the yummy sauce and tasted amazing. The rest of the recipe I followed verbatim. I chose not to use the five-spice powder as I forgot to get it at the store and I didn't have any on-hand. I didn't miss it, but you might want to try it. It could make a great recipe even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment